WALPAX BRAZIL TRAVEL PARTNERS
Walpax is ready...
The countdown tells us there is only a month left tothe Official Opening of the Olympic Games 2016.
We are, once again, in the limelight – as the Biggest Sporting event ever is coming to town!
Needless to say, we at Walpax Brazil Travel Partners are very excited and ready to show you what’s new.
A city bubbling with expectation and we’ve been about checking the hotels and venues.
To open your appetite, come with us on a visit to Museu do Amanhã / Museum of Tomorrow.
A new and baffling venue – the Museu do Amanhã / Museum of Tomorrow is a breakthrough in terms of architecture and museum, with exhibitions on what is going on in the world today and what is in store for tomorrow. It is a refreshing view of our reality using modern media and equipment to enchant the public.
Award winning architect Santiago Calatrava explored the site to its best and created, without even knowing it, a unique venue as you can see in the photos. The next time you’re in town, we will take you there for a visit.
A fleet of vintage kombi vans invaded Rio – the kombis are spick and span and a thrill to “old timers” of all ages. On the way, they are stopped at a traffic jam that turns out to be a samba team waiting for them around the bend. How can one resist taking pictures and sending them on to family and friends?
Let our team show you the many possibilities our destination has to offer your clients.
As the Olympic Games are just a few days away, here are some interesting facts for you:
- Games will be held in 4 sites namely: Barra, Deodoro, Copacabana and Maracanã.
- 50% of the games will take place in Barra da Tijuca.
- Games will be between 7h00 and 2h00, an average of 35 events per day.
- Passes may be bought at the internet or at ticket counters as of July 15th.
- In its comeback as an Olympic sport, golf competition will take place in the first public golf course in the world.
- The 58 football games (32 masculine and 26 feminine) will take place in other cities, São Paulo, Brasília, Salvador, Belo Horizonte and Manaus, before the finals in Rio.
- 2,000 City Hosts service will be available for the public in public at all times.
- Hospitality Houses – 52 countries will have a hospitality house in town. 24 open to the public in general and the others by invitation only.
For more information, please contact Anna Nagy at email@example.com